February 5, 2021
Dear Cathedral Family,
What an incredible start to 2021! We launched the new year with our LIVE BOLD series. Then, as a church family, we united in faith through 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting that culminated with the most amazing celebration service last Sunday. What a tremendous time of prayer and worship in God’s presence!
And that’s just the beginning! I believe that God wants to do big things through His church this year. As we continue drawing near to God, staying in the Word and pressing in for more, we’ll position ourselves for God’s blessings to flow to us and through us. That’s why I’m excited to keep the momentum from 21 Days going as we start our new message series – ACTIVATE!
This Sunday, we’ll be focusing on activating our FAITH! Here are just a few of the truths about faith that we find in the Bible.
- Comes through hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17)
- Is essential for seeing God & pleasing Him (Hebrews 11:6)
- Provides access to the resources of heaven (Mark 10:52)
- Is confidence, assurance, trust & reliance in God and all that He says (Mark 11:22-24)
- Leads to action (James 2:14-26)
- Is dynamic. It can be built up and increased in our lives (2 Thessalonians 1:3)
Building and strengthening our faith provides the endurance we need to run the race of life well. So, I encourage you to continue intentionally engaging in moments of worship, both individually and corporately.
Also, be sure to keep pursuing the good habits you started during our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting (or go ahead and start some if you’re just getting on board).
- Start your day with a time of worship (Put worship music on as you get ready or on your commute.)
- Find a Bible verse and focus your thoughts on it throughout the day.
- Spend time talking with God (PRAY FIRST).
- Join us on Wednesday mornings from 6:30-7:30am, in person or online, for a time of worship & prayer just like during our 21 Days.
If you’re ready to take a next step, then I’d encourage you to get into our Growth Track and/or join a group. God designed us for community; we are most definitely better together. So, go ahead, find a group that matches your interest, and jump in! Growth Track provides a safe place to explore 1) knowing God, 2) finding freedom, 3) discovering your purpose, and 4) making a difference. Step One is this Sunday at 10:30am in the Chapel; our team would love to meet you.
I’m looking forward to seeing you this Sunday! We’ll be worshipping together in-person at 9am and 11am and via Facebook live and Livestream at 11am.