January 10, 2020
Dear Cathedral Family,
We’re starting off 2020 STRONG!! I’m excited to see what is going to happen in our church and community this year as we press in to the plans God has for us. It’s going to be a great year! If you missed last Sunday’s message, I’d encourage you to watch it soon.
In starting the new year, be aware that your words have power. What are you speaking into existence? What are you declaring? Do the words coming out of your mouth match God’s will for your life?
Here are some declarations you might consider for 2020:
- I will be more whole at the end of 2020 than I am today.
- I walk with God’s grace, goodness and favor on my life.
- I believe my greatest days are yet to come.
- God has good plans for my life. There are good works God has planned for me to do.
- I get to choose my thoughts. Today I’m choosing what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy (Philippians 4:8).
- God has new beginnings for me. I’m leaving behind what no longer serves me well and turning my focus in a new direction. New life is coming into my relationships, my job, my finances, _________ (you fill in the blank).
I’m thrilled with the involvement in our 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting. We launched on Monday morning with prayer in the Worship Center at 6:30am and the momentum keeps growing. If you’re just finding out about this, it’s not too late to jump on board. Here are ways you can get involved:
- Engage in prayer and worship at a new level. Join us Monday through Friday, 6:30am – 7:30am, for prayer in the Worship Center or via Facebook Live. Each day’s video will be up for 24 hours so you can catch it later in the day, as your schedule permits.
- Start your fast today (or tomorrow). It can be super simple – skip social media, a meal, soda, fast food, sweets, or something that is a strong desire for you and spend time with God instead. When the craving hits, just tell God that you want Him more than whatever it is you’re giving up.
- Check out our app (wearecathedral) or website for resources to help you with fasting and how to pray. We even have a children’s prayer journal!
- Tell us what you’re believing for and what God is doing in your life through this experience!
As we continue our Trailblazers series this Sunday, we’ll be focusing on PURPOSE. Let’s be honest, the struggle for discovering and living with purpose is real!! There is a way to live with a greater sense of calling, destiny and meaning. I can’t wait for us to dive into this together!
Let’s make 2020 our best year ever – TOGETHER!!! See you Sunday!
Blessings to you,