Cathedral Cares is a ministry that extends the love, comfort, and compassion of Jesus Christ to those in need. Our Mission is to reach within our community to find a need and fill it.
Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve. – 1 Peter 5:2 (NIV)
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
1. Crisis Pregnancy Center – As volunteers, we will fill a key role within the Lowcountry Pregnancy Center. You will have many opportunities to fit your God-given gifts, abilities and talents. LPC services include Earn While You Learn (EWYL) classes, fatherhood classes, and relationship classes as well as the distribution of free baby clothes, diapers, formula, and baby equipment.
2. Cathedral Random Acts of Kindness – Operating within a community aware of their neighbors in need; readily equipped with the knowledge and a means to assist through the efforts of this ministry. Fridays – Feed a Friend Street Ministry.
3. Sewing Ministry – We support Ronald McDonald House and Lowcountry Pregnancy Center to provide hand-sewn items to comfort children and their families in crisis and difficult situations.
4. Hospital Visitation – A hospital can be a scary place when you’re the one who’s sick, but when you aren’t sick, you can volunteer at a hospital and bring others much-needed hope and happiness. You can give encouragement and support to people of all ages when you give your time to a local hospital. You’ll be brightening someone’s day — and your own. Team members will visit those in need to offer prayer, encouragement and holy communion.
BH Rader – email@example.com
5. Funerals – The purpose of the funeral ministry is to help families cope with their loss at a very difficult time. An important element of this ministry is compassion. Support and Hugs are available to those who grieve.
6. Meals Ministry – Serve families or individuals within our church and community by providing ready-to-eat meals. Designed to help ease daily burdens, this ministry is carried out by a network of volunteers within Cathedral who serve one another by meeting the practical need of food preparation. If you like to cook or bake, then we have a place for you.
a. Who is eligible for meals? Any family or individual experiencing one of the following events: Birth of a child, death of a family member, emergencies, hospitalizations, serious injuries or long-term care.
Cathedral Cares Leader – Marsha Gueringer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathedral Cares Pastor – BH Rader – (843) 760-2626 – email@example.com
Find us on FACEBOOK – Cathedral Cares