August 29, 2018
We’re all on a journey from where we’ve been to where we’re going to be. A better way to say it is we’re all on a journey to our next step. We never truly ARRIVE here on earth because our final destination is in eternity.
Sometimes we FEEL STUCK, but the truth is, if we stay in step with God, we’re moving. God is our Father, and, as our Father, He consistently leads, guides and directs us to the next step of our journey. As His children, we can choose to obey His leading and guiding or we can choose to take another lap and end up right where we were…that’s called STUCK.
Last Sunday I gave you “10 Things God Thinks about You” taken straight from scripture. I’d like to share those with you again in this note because I really want you to INTERNALIZE THE TRUTH OF WHAT GOD SAYS ABOUT YOU.
- God knew you before you were conceived. (Jeremiah 1:5)
- God formed you in your mother’s womb. (Isaiah 44:24, Psalm 139:13)
- You are not an accident. (Isaiah 44:2a, Ephesians 1:4a, James 1:18)
- Your time to be on earth was perfectly planned. (Galatians 1:15)
- Every day of your life is already recorded. (Psalm 139:16)
- Your boundaries have been established by God. (Acts 17:26)
- God has a purpose for you. (Isaiah 26:3-4, 2 Corinthians 8:21, Ephesians 1:11, Psalm 138:8a)
- God is not through with you yet. (Job 14:5)
- Where you are is not where you are going to be. (Jeremiah 29:11)
- You have an enemy. (John 10:10, Luke 4:1-13)
I want to ENCOURAGE YOU to do at least one of these three practical steps that will cause growth and maturity in your journey.
- REAL LIFE CHANGE happens in the context of small groups. Our groups directory is now open! So click here to find a small group that fits you. Groups start September 2nd.
- MARRIAGE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR! Our Marriage 101 class will give you the tools you need to strengthen your current or future marriage relationship. So whether you’re married, engaged, or seriously dating, click here and join the next class that begins Sunday, September 9th.
- THE GROWTH TRACK is the first step on your journey to discovering your design, developing your leadership, and making a difference here at Cathedral. StepONE of The Growth Track begins this Sunday at 10:30 am in the Chapel. For more information and to register, click here.
I’ll See You Sunday!