September 25, 2020
Dear Cathedral Family,
Are you MIND BLOWN? I am.
Dr. Glen Schultz opened up our new series – MIND BLOWN – on Sunday with a phenomenal message! If you missed it, I cannot encourage you strongly enough to be sure to watch it before this Sunday’s service. You’ll definitely want to have that foundation in place as we move forward in this life-changing, perspective-shifting series.
It may feel like we’ve just opened up a 1000-piece puzzle box by jumping into the topics of worldview, significance and purpose. (If you like puzzles, then that’s super exciting. If you don’t, you could feel a bit overwhelmed.)
Let me assure you, this series is not simply about information. This series is about transformation. It’s about taking a journey. It’s about knowing the truth so we can experience true freedom. Ultimately, it’s about the God of the Universe, the One who created us and knows us best, communicating with each one us, on a very real and personal level.
Perhaps your mind has been racing with thoughts and questions like these:
- I feel like I’m just existing. How do I regain a sense of hope and purpose?
- I thought I was living with a biblical worldview. Now I realize there are areas in my life where I’m living out of a secular mindset instead of a sacred one. How do I start shifting that in the right direction?
- I’m single / divorced / unemployed / struggling – what’s my purpose and how do I pursue it in my current circumstances?
- I came from a broken home. How can I ever understand what family is supposed to be like and fulfill my role as a husband/wife?
- What is my real purpose as a parent? How do I bring up my kids in this crazy world?
- I’ve messed up royally. Does God still have a purpose for me?
I’m trusting that God is going to give us the grace, as we move forward from now through the end of the year, to discover the answers to these questions and so much more as we are awakened to and align our lives with His original design.
Wherever you are today, I encourage you to commit to taking the journey. God is big enough to handle right where you are and see you through to fulfilling His purpose for your life. Would you commit to saying “Yes” and taking the next steps that He reveals? I’m confident, that as we choose to live in the light of His truth, our lives are going to become more fulfilling, more alive, more hopeful, and more purposeful than ever before.
I can’t wait to see you this Sunday. We’ll be worshipping together in-person at 9am and 11am and via Livestream and Facebook Live at 11am. Be sure to join us as we unpack the big question about creation – WHY?
Why did God create the world? Why did God choose to create mankind? And why does God see humanity as the crowning achievement of creation? Let’s find out together.
Get ready to be MIND BLOWN at a whole new level!
See you Sunday!